I figured it was well overdue for me to have a formal introduction over here on my blog. None of these little facts about me are real soul bearing, but sharing this much about myself was definitely a little bit intimidating! Hence the fact that I totally had to make number 1 the first thing I shared!
- I'm a total introvert. Now don't get me wrong; I love to chat and will talk anyone's ear off who gives me the chance, it just might take me a second to warm up to a new person.
- I'm married to my best friend, Wil, who just so happens to be my second shooter. We started dating when I was 17 and we got married 5 days after I turned 21. I've known who he was since I was 13, but we never actually met until I was 16. Coincidentally I knew who he was because we grew up going to the same church camp and when I was 16 we actually met at a different church camp. The first time he ever tried talking to me I was in the middle of a card game so I totally blew him off because I'm just a bit (ok, a lot of bit, haha!) on the competitive side and I couldn't have any distractions. He still teases me about that.
- My dream place to live would be somewhere within driving distance of both the mountains and the beach.
- My absolute favorite color is purple, hands down, no question about it. It's been my favorite color since I was old enough to have a favorite color. The first time Wil got me flowers was for the last night of a play performance (I'm a total theatre geek) and they were all different shades of purple. He had my heart at that point because he didn't even know it was my favorite color. He just really liked them.
- I have serious wanderlust. I went overseas for the first time when I was 16 to Romania with a group from my church. Little did I know then that also on this trip were my future mother-in-law and future sister-in-law. Too weird, right?! At this current point I have been to 11 countries and 4 continents and it's just not enough!
- I was home schooled until High School and then I attended a super tiny High School; my graduating class was 70 something people. I loved being home schooled. I think it was the best decision my mom could have made for little Julia's itty bitty attention span.
- I'm a journal-er and a collector of pretty journals. I have to be when every different thing gets its own journal! I have a prayer journal, a Bible study journal, sermon notes journal, travel journal, and a journal just for lists. I'm not super eloquent, but I love to write. One of my dreams is to write a book. It would probably be just a bunch of nonsensical ramblings, but it's going to happen one day.
- Wil and I have an evil cat named Stormageddon. We should have realized what we were doing when we named him that, but now it's too late and it's his destiny to live up to his name. He recently learned that if he runs up behind me and hits the back of both my knees I will fall. So, of course this is now a daily activity for him. His other favorite pastimes are stealing straws out of cups, breaking off the window blinds, and hiding dried meat products.
- My latest favorite thing is adult coloring books (yes, I giggle every time I say that). I'm totally content to just sit around and color. Ideal place to color? In a hammock!
- And last but not least, I drink A LOT of coffee. A lot. I prefer a plain latte, but since I don't know how to pull a shot, coffee is my go to. All of the coffee.
Since I mentioned the beach and traveling and the love of my life, I leave you with this picture from mine and Wil's trip this year to the incredible beaches of Costa Rica.
I'm so ready to go back! Anybody want to get married there? ;)